Working on a number of projects of varying durations, on site and/or remotely. Often involved in every phase of the project lifecycle from the initial needs analysis to user training.
- Custom development of a Lightning community for a large multinational logistics firm to connect suppliers and distribution centres. Developing custom Aura components, Lightning web components, flows, approval processes, APEX managed record sharing and integration with external systems through SOAP and REST webservices to automate and facilitate day-to-day running of operations, such as complaint management, concession requests, stock and delivery planning and forecasting activities.
- Solution Architect for a migration project of an existing customer portal to the Salesforce platform (Lightning community), including collaboration with a third-party UX design provider and a third-party development team. Gap analysis, evaluation of existing functionality and assessment of standard Salesforce functionality versus custom development needs and benefits.
- Leading a proof-of-concept Heroku trial to test integration with external data sources, mobile app hosting and high-volume data processing based on complex algorithms. Creation of API to access the data and creation of open-source web components app to display and interact with data on Heroku and from a Lightning community.
- Setting up Service Cloud for B2B clients and Salesforce Knowledge for a Tool manufacturing company.
- Developing and improving existing Sales and Marketing systems, creating custom Aura components, Visualforce pages, refining workflows and processes.
- Creating a Salesforce app to analyse the present and future offshore windfarm construction market in Europe and the company’s immediate competitors, thus allowing targeted tendering for suitable projects.
- Creation of a contracts management Salesforce app and a spend analysis app in the oil and gas sector, implementing approval processes, creating and improving reports and dashboards, and speeding up processing times of end of months spend analyses.
- Development of a quotation management Salesforce app, including extraction and formatting of data from an ERP system and automated emailing of requests, leading to time savings of over 10 hours per week per person.